Jeff Coyle is a data-driven search engine marketing executive with more than 20 years of experience in the search industry managing products and website networks.
Jeff is the Co-founder and Chief Product Officer for MarketMuse, where he is focused on helping content marketers, search engine marketers, agencies and e-commerce managers build topical authority, improve content quality and turn semantic research into actionable insights.
In this episode we discuss:
- Businesses Jeff started when he was younger [3:02]
- Aspects of businesses he enjoyed the most in his early years [3:56]
- Jeff’s experience in working at an early stage startup [4:59]
- How he saw the opportunity in the market for search engine optimization [6:12]
- When Jeff started his first company [8:59]
- Jeff’s work at TechTarget and how the spirit of MarketMuse came into existence [9:58]
- What is Marketmuse, how it helps you build and improve your content [12:34]
- What does the framework for content from MarketMuse include [13:33]
- Who can benefit from using MarketMuse [16:01]
- MarketMuse Pro as an entree to self-service [16:44]
- How MarketMuse helps to get your content to rank higher [18:59]
- How MarketMuse can help you gauge the success of your content for competitive keywords [20:25]
- Case study of a client who changed their entire business direction because of MarketMuse [21:59]
- Crafting a plan into creating a website using MarketMuse during a black swan event [23:27]
- Natural language generation technology [28:12]
- What tech to watch out for in content marketing in the future [32:45]
- How to contact Jeff and learn more about MarketMuse [34:33]
- We were selling leads way before selling leads was remotely cool.
- We can tell them exactly the content items they need to create, how many content items ,on what topics would allow them to own that topic.
- We’re the only platform that provides personalized metrics per difficulties.
- Natural language generation is probably the hottest field in Artificial INtelligence this year, probably til next year.
Links to sources and tools
- Follow Jeff and MarketMuse on social media to learn more about him and his company.
- Head on over to marketmuse.com to learn more about content strategy and start a free trial of MarketMuse
- Email Jeff at: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions
- Watch this episode on YouTube
- Discover what content to create for traffic in this episode
Thanks for listening. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook to get updates on new episodes. If you haven’t already, please follow and leave a review for our podcast, we’ll really appreciate it. And as always, don’t forget to pass the secret sauce.
Did you like this episode? If you did, please leave a review for our podcast. What topics would you like us to cover next?
Support our podcast
If you’re a fan of the show, there are three simple things you can do to support our work: