Today’s guest is Vladimir Gendelman, Founder and CEO of Company Folders, an online printing company specializing in presentation folders, binders, and envelopes. Company Folders has been listed on the Inc 5000 list of fastest-growing companies in America for 3 consecutive years.
In this episode we discuss:
- Conversations about entrepreneurship in the family [2:44]
- Coming to America as a Jewish refugee [3:23]
- Story of their first hours in the US [4:36]
- His first foray into entrepreneurship in Austria and Italy [5:43]
- Doing something that is viewed as an embarrassment by Russians [7:30]
- His first entrepreneurial experience in the US [9:32]
- How he started making customized company folders [11:31]
- Regrets in naming his company Company Folders [13:41]
- Running around with a chicken with his head cut off as a solo entrepreneur [14:21]
- How large companies found him through SEO and getting banned from Google [15:27]
- Deciding what content to create to get traffic and give information to clients [17:18]
- Their design process and communicating with clients regarding their brand requirements [19:39]
- The power of printed materials to entrepreneurs starting a business right now [22:02]
- Types of designs they do [23:56]
- Get a free design consultation from Vladimir [24:33]
- In certain applications social media is huge you can very quickly establish yourself as a subject matter expert.
- We have no entrepreneurs in our family, our family is not meant to be entrepreneurs. Everything they have ever tried always failed and they lost money. So that’s not encouraged.So I have to become a doctor or a lawyer. Those were the choices.
- In Russia, the whole entrepreneurship (idea) didn’t exist. So the whole concept, me going out there to sell something, to offer something was an embarrassment to other people. Not to me though.
Links to sources and tools
- Contact Vladimir at Vladimir@companyfolders.com for your design and printing needs. He is also offering a free 15 minute design consultation.
- Follow Vladimir and Company Folders on social media:
- Visit http://companyfolders.com to see sample designs from Company Folders.
- Watch this episode on YouTube
- Here are more episodes you may like:
- Sell More Books on Amazon: Research, Creation and Marketing with Dave Chesson
- Becoming Self Aware As A Business Owner with Erik Cabral
- Marketing Strategy: Finding Creative Ways to Get Your Business in Front of People with Matt Tincher
- Securing Your Company’s Critical Data from Cyber Attacks with Dr. Eric Cole
Thanks for listening. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook to get updates on new episodes. If you haven’t already, please follow and leave a review for our podcast, we’ll really appreciate it. And as always, don’t forget to pass the secret sauce.
Did you enjoy listening to today’s guest? Show your appreciation for Vladimir by leaving a positive review on this episode. Who do you want to hear from next?
Support our podcast
If you’re a fan of the show, there are three simple things you can do to support our work:
- Rate and review the podcast on iTunes or wherever you subscribe.
- Tell a family member, friend, or colleague about the show.
- Subscribe so you never miss an episode.
- Subscribe to us on YouTube and follow us on LinkedIn
Join the discussion