This episode’s guest is Dave Chesson. Dave Chesson is the creator of Kindlepreneur.com, a website devoted to teaching advanced book Marketing which even Amazon KDP acknowledges as one of the best by telling users to “Gain insight from Kindlepreneur on how you can optimize marketing for your books.” Having worked with such authors as Orson Scott Card, Ted Dekker and more, his tactics help both Fiction and Nonfiction authors of all levels get their books discovered by the right readers.
In this episode we discuss:
- Business lessons learned from being in a fraternity in college [4:25]
- Overcoming challenges in writing with dyslexia [6:11]
- Why he started Kindlepreneur [8:51]
- Using Kindlepreneur to start publishing your own book [11:58]
- How Rocket came about and how it helps authors make better decisions for their books [14:51]
- Selecting a category for your book in Amazon [19:30]
- Tips in mastering selling your book in Amazon [22:07]
- Creating an effective Amazon ad [23:58]
- How to get in touch with Dave [24:14]
Links to sources and tools
- Visit https://kindlepreneur.com/book-marketing-101/ and https://publisherrocket.com/ to find out how you can sell more of your books on Amazon.
- Connect with Dave Chesson on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/davechesson/
- Click here for more sales and marketing content
Thanks for listening. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook to get updates on new episodes. If you haven’t already, please follow and leave a review for our podcast, we’ll really appreciate it. And as always, don’t forget to pass the secret sauce.
Support our podcast
If you’re a fan of the show, there are three simple things you can do to support our work: