Today’s guest is Damion Lupo. If you follow investing content, you’ve probably heard of Damion. He’s the author of more than 12 best selling books on personal finance, investment and retirement strategies. His mission is to free a million people from financial bondage.
He hosts the Financial Underdogs podcast, ripping conventional wisdom apart for the Main Street investor looking for truth about money and investing. Not only has he started 50+ companies, he even founded his own martial art, Yokido®. Damion developed the ultimate investor retirement tool called the eQRP®. His strategy gives individuals total control of their retirement money to invest in real assets like real estate, gold, and crypto.
Please join us on this episode where Damion deploys his knowledge and learned skills to help you tap into as much money as possible, right now!
In this episode we discuss:
- Starting a business when he was 11 [3:11]
- Putting the university bookstore out of business [4:50]
- Why he started his first business [6:18]
- Working on his first job [7:41]
- Starting a book writing about his mistakes in doing business [9:30]
- Losing millions in real estate investing [11:29]
- Living for the balance sheet, trying to find fulfillment beyond earning more money [12:44]
- His focus in freeing people from their financial shackles [14:40]
- What is QRP (Qualified Retirement Plan) and how is it helping people take control of their finances [16:20]
- Having a life by design and not by default [19:06]
- How to contact Damion [20:41]
- Life is too short to make all the mistakes yourself. It’s always a good idea to find people who have been through it.
- The interesting thing about doing business and investing in real estate is that if you’re doing it, you’re gonna lose money. And if somebody says “I’ve been doing this for 5-10 years” and they say they’ve never lost a dime, either they didn’t do much or they’re lying.
- Having more money is just more, it’s not better, it’s just more. There’s more to life than just a bigger balance sheet.
- The focus that I have now is not having more money. Becoming a billionaire for me is a billion lives that I’ve served.
- Most people’s wealth is in their retirement accounts and their house. You can’t eat the equity in your house.
Links to sources and tools
- Text EQRP to 72000 to learn more about Enhanced Qualified Retirement Plan.
- Follow Damion on social media:
Company LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/eqrp/
- Visit http://www.totalcontrolfinancial.com for valuable information on how you can take control of your finances.
- Here are more episodes to help you achieve financial freedom:
Thanks for listening. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook to get updates on new episodes. If you haven’t already, please follow and leave a review for our podcast, we’ll really appreciate it. And as always, don’t forget to pass the secret sauce.
Support our podcast
If you’re a fan of the show, there are three simple things you can do to support our work:
- Rate and review the podcast on iTunes or wherever you subscribe.
- Tell a family member, friend, or colleague about the show.
- Subscribe so you never miss an episode.
- Subscribe to us on YouTube and follow us on LinkedIn
Join the discussion