Today’s guest is Matt Tincher. Matt is the owner of USL Cars shipping. Learn more about Matt, how he built his company and his creative marketing strategy in this episode.
In this episode we discuss:
- Helping out his parents as a kid in their business and how that inspired him to be an entrepreneur [2:02]
- Types of businesses Matt’s parents had [3:28]
- Graduating from college in the middle of the 2008 financial crisis [5:44]
- Learning what not to do in his business from working for other companies [6:40]
- Why his produce transportation business failed [8:29]
- What made him start car shipping business [11:55]
- Their ideal clients [13:45]
- Challenges when starting USL Cars shipping [14:51]
- Creative marketing strategy: how they found contact details for prospects [16:08]
- Building a team and lessons learned from COVID19 [17:07]
- Importance of having a systems and processes in your business [18:22]
- How he found his business mentor [19:46]
- How to contact Matt and USL Cars shipping [21:44]
- If you don’t have the time, I highly recommend finding someone that does that you can put in your corner that can help you with it. Because the quicker you get it done, the quicker you’re going to be able to run.
- Keeping that ego in check has been huge. Because we don’t have all the answers. It’s OK to say “I don’t know”.
Links to sources and tools
- Follow Matt and USL Cars on social media:
- Have questions about car shipping? Contact Matt through email: email@example.com or go to uslcars.com to get a quote.
- Check out our other episodes:
Thanks for listening. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook to get updates on new episodes. If you haven’t already, please follow and leave a review for our podcast, we’ll really appreciate it. And as always, don’t forget to pass the secret sauce.
Support our podcast
If you’re a fan of the show, there are three simple things you can do to support our work:
- Rate and review the podcast on iTunes or wherever you subscribe.
- Tell a family member, friend, or colleague about the show.
- Subscribe so you never miss an episode.
- Subscribe to us on YouTube and follow us on LinkedIn
Join the discussion