Welcome back to Pass the Secret Sauce. In this episode we have Brian Hastings, founder of Capital REI, a real estate investment company located in Cincinnati Ohio. Brian is newish to real estate investing, however he skipped right past buying single family homes and has moved right into investing in multi-family homes. He has a number of properties right now that he owns and operates himself and has had a great deal of success in doing so.
Brian tells the story of how and why he got started in investing in real estate. Listen to this episode for his interesting journey.
In this episode we discuss:
- Realizations when graduating from college in the time of the 2008 financial crisis [3:51]
- Challenges in starting to invest in real estate and what helped him overcome them [6:42]
- Terms you need to understand in real estate investing [7:49]
- Future investment goals [10:01]
- Benefits from his real estate investments [11:35]
- Best ways to get in touch with Brian [13:12]
- You want to make sure that you are building those relationships for the long term and not just having a one-sided approach. So learning the language, understanding the industry, putting yourself out there, attending REIA meetings. I think it’s all extremely helpful especially in trying to set yourself up for a position down the road.
Links to sources and tools
- Connect with Brian on LinkedIn or you can also send him an email at capitalrealestate111@gmail to talk about real estate deals
- Interested in more real estate related content? Listen to the episodes below
- Building a Real Estate Team with Agostino Pintus
- How to Start Investing in Real Estate with MarkAn
Thanks for listening. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook to get updates on new episodes. If you haven’t already, please follow and leave a review for our podcast, we’ll really appreciate it. And as always, don’t forget to pass the secret sauce.
Support our podcast
If you’re a fan of the show, there are three simple things you can do to support our work:
- Rate and review the podcast on iTunes or wherever you subscribe.
- Tell a family member, friend, or colleague about the show.
- Subscribe so you never miss an episode.
- Subscribe to us on YouTube and follow us on LinkedIn
Join the discussion