Up next on Pass the Secret Sauce: we have Mark Owens, a successful real estate entrepreneur. Mark has been involved in real estate investing for 18 years. We get into some of the techniques that he has used over the years to build his real estate portfolio.
In this episode we discuss:
- The fuel that lit the fire of his entrepreneurial spirit [4:00]
- The first business he started [5:18]
- How Mark established his network when he started out [6:59]
- Mark’s process for starting a new network [13:00]
- Starting a Facebook group for real estate investors and best practices [16:08]
- Biggest mistakes people make in real estate investing [21:33]
- Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic to real estate [23:41]
- Future plans [26:26]
- Best ways to get in touch with Mark and advice for entrepreneurs [28:22]
- My advice to people (entrepreneurs) is: expect to work your ass off, think long term, ignore the naysayers.
- Maintain your reputation at all costs. It can take you 50 years to build a reputation and one bad deal can ruin it. So, protect it at all costs.
- Don’t live up to your income.
Links to sources and tools
- Visit https://markowens.com/ to learn how to create passive income by investing in buy and hold rentals.
- Follow Mark Owens on his social media accounts:
- Listen to other real estate investor guests here
Thanks for listening. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook to get updates on new episodes. If you haven’t already, please follow and leave a review for our podcast, we’ll really appreciate it. And as always, don’t forget to pass the secret sauce.
Support our podcast
If you’re a fan of the show, there are three simple things you can do to support our work: