This episode’s guest is Domenic Rinaldi. Domenic is the Owner and Managing Partner of Sun Acquisitions – a Chicago based mergers and acquisitions firm, and K2 Adviser – an advisory firm that helps people better prepare for their business acquisition or exit. He is also a speaker, author and host of the M&A Unplugged Podcast.
Domenic specializes in helping the owners of privately held companies (with enterprise values between $2 and $50 million dollars) scale, acquire and sell businesses. He has been personally involved in over 300 business transactions across a broad range of industries and is considered an expert in his field.
In this episode we discuss:
- Hustling as a young boy [3:51]
- What was the catalyst for him to start a business in mergers and acquisitions [4:49]
- Advantages and challenges of acquiring a business rather than starting one from scratch [6:31]
- Types of buyers they deal with [8:51]
- How they help buyers and sellers of a business [12:30]
- What are the value drivers in a business, what makes the value of a business go up [15:01]
- How to prepare yourself and your business for sale[18:09]
- Things entrepreneurs fail to do in their business that causes a problem with the sale of their business [22:43]
- How to contact Domenic [26:56]
Links to sources and tools
- Reach out to Domenic via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Take the free assessment test on the Sun Acquisitions website to see if you are ready to buy or sell your business: https://sunacquisitions.com/
- Listen to more episodes here:
Thanks for listening. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook to get updates on new episodes. If you haven’t already, please follow and leave a review for our podcast, we’ll really appreciate it. And as always, don’t forget to pass the secret sauce.
Support our podcast
If you’re a fan of the show, there are three simple things you can do to support our work: