Timothy Dick is a serial entrepreneur that runs multiple 7 figure businesses and has been featured on the Inc 5000 list for 3 different companies. He is the founder of VOIPO which provides telephone and messaging services to consumers and businesses throughout North America and ProfitLayer which is a boutique consulting firm with a digital agency arm that is focused on managing large companies on all major ad platforms with a major focus on ROI, attribution, big data and finding the right combination of marketing channels to layer together to achieve the best results.
Tim has a vast background in SaaS and was one of the first executives at HostGator in its early days. HostGator grew to host millions of websites with hundreds of employees before Tim transitioned focus on VOIPO. He is also an active angel investor and consults for multiple investment firms on M&A, startups, and strategy. He was born and raised in rural West Virginia and the son of a coal miner and was a first generation entrepreneur. He is passionate about small business, resourcefulness, marketing, and personal development.
In this episode we discuss:
- What sparked his interests in being an entrepreneur and how he made six figures in middle school [4:06]
- How Timothy started his web hosting business [9:30]
- Being Senior Vice President at HostGator [11:05]
- Creating systems and processes for HostGator as it grew [13:24]
- How the rapid growth of HostGator made way for Timothy to create a new company (VOIPO) [15:51]
- Lessons that helped him build six and seven figure businesses [20:31]
- Being a serial entrepreneur and starting ProfitLayer – a hybrid digital marketing agency and business consulting firm [24:15]
- How to build the perfect digital marketing strategy for a business [33:03]
- Best ways to get in touch [27:21]
Links to sources and tools
- Get in touch with Tim by sending an email to email@example.com
- Or follow Timothy Dick on social media
- Ready to harness the power of Online Advertising for your business? Visit https://www.profitlayer.com to learn how.
- Want to listen to more episodes? Here are some more that you might like:
Thanks for listening. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook to get updates on new episodes. If you haven’t already, please follow and leave a review for our podcast, we’ll really appreciate it. And as always, don’t forget to pass the secret sauce.
Support our podcast
If you’re a fan of the show, there are three simple things you can do to support our work: