In this episode of the Pass the Secret Sauce podcast we interview Manoj Jhaveri. Manoj is the Co-Founder and CEO of Hyr Medical, Inc. (www.hyrmed.com), a healthcare tech startup based in Cleveland, OH. Hyr Medical’s mission is to fundamentally transform and modernize the $15B healthcare staffing industry and enable an elastic, on-demand workforce.
Prior to Hyr Med, Manoj was a mechanical & industrial engineer at several Fortune 500 companies. He then spent 10 years as an innovation strategy & product development focused management consultant. Manoj was also a faculty member at Case Western Reserve University where he taught innovation management and marketing strategy.
Manoj has two young kids. He loves playing, coaching and watching basketball, playing golf, listening to podcasts while driving around town, running in the rain with music blasting, volunteering his time to important causes and meeting hard-working and curious people over coffee.
In this episode we discuss:
- Insecurities about becoming an entrepreneur and how he found his niche [7:30]
- How they started Hyr Medical [13:27]
- Connecting freelance healthcare practitioners with jobs through Hyr Medical [14:49]
- What are telehealth services? [17:34]
- How does telehealth services work and is it covered by medicare/medicaid? [20:01]
- Locum staffing and the freelance economy in the healthcare service industry [21:04]
- Specialties of doctors who are using Hyr Medical [27:44]
- Integrating timesheet and schedule management into their platform [28:55]
- How to learn more about Hyr Medical [30:53]
Links to sources and tools
- Go to http://hyrmed.com to learn more about their services
- Follow Manoj on LinkedIn and follow Hyr Medical on social media:
- Interested in hearing from tech entrepreneurs in the healthcare industry? Listen to these episodes below:
Thanks for listening. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook to get updates on new episodes. If you haven’t already, please follow and leave a review for our podcast, we’ll really appreciate it. And as always, don’t forget to pass the secret sauce.
Support our podcast
If you’re a fan of the show, there are three simple things you can do to support our work: