Up next on Pass the Secret Sauce, we have Mark Roman. Mark is a serial entrepreneur and Fortune 50 executive. Holding Senior Executive leadership positions with Accenture, IBM, Hewlett-Packard and he has started several companies including Health Connections, Health Network Venturers, Creative Evolution, Lumeris and most recently DeNovo Advisors. Denovo specializes in operational diligence on investment target companies for Venture Capital, Private Equity and Family Offices of the ultrawealthy.
Besides providing operational diligence services to Financial Investors, Mark and his business partner coach entrepreneurs on how best to secure capital infusion to take their company to the “next level” . Mark’s clients currently have over $30Billion invested.
Prior to DeNovo, Mark was the founder of Creative Evolution a boutique consulting firm which specialized in the commercialization of intellectual property for Colleges and Universities globally.
In this episode we discuss:
- Putting himself through college by being a photographer [7:05]
- Starting his first company: Health Connections [14:01]
- Creating the software for a business idea and selling it for $750 million [24:26]
- Importance of company culture [32:24]
- His emergency brain surgery and writing a book [34:57]
- Denovo Advisors [45:19]
- Best ways to contact Mark [48:37]
Don’t let someone who has given up on their dreams talk you out of yours.
Links to sources and tools
- DeNovo offers a broad set of advisory products and services across various industries in the MENA region. Click here to find out more about their services
- Connect with Mark Roman on LinkedIn
- Listen to more episodes here
Thanks for listening. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook to get updates on new episodes. If you haven’t already, please follow and leave a review for our podcast, we’ll really appreciate it. And as always, don’t forget to pass the secret sauce.
Support our podcast
If you’re a fan of the show, there are three simple things you can do to support our work:
- Subscribe, rate and review the podcast on iTunes or wherever you subscribe.
- Tell a family member, friend, or colleague about the show.
- Subscribe to us on YouTube and follow us on LinkedIn
Join the discussion