This episode’s guest is Jeffrey Madoff, founder of Madoff Productions, based in New York City. His company collaborates with ad agencies, public relations firms and directly with clients to produce commercials, branded content and live streaming events.
Madoff began his career as a fashion designer. He was chosen as one of the top 10 designers in the U.S. then switched careers to film and video production. Madoff edited and directed award-winning commercials, documentaries, and web content around the world for clients such as Ralph Lauren, Victoria’s Secret, Tiffany, Radio City, The American Academy of Dramatic Arts, and Harvard University.
Madoff also works with private equity firms and investment banks such as Lazard, Financo, MidOcean Partners, and Lincolnshire to produce videos to position and tell the brand story for companies that are being sold.
He authored “Creative Careers: Making a Living With Your Ideas” an Amazon Bestseller based on the class he developed and teaches at Parsons School of Design, in NYC.
In this episode we discuss:
- Being an entrepreneur because he is unemployable [5:23]
- Starting and designing for his clothing company and lessons in the business [8:37]
- Growing sales and tips in getting clients for your business [13:04]
- Beginning his film career and meeting Dennis Hopper [17:31]
- Experience with working with Dennis hopper [24:40]
- Jeff’s first big break in the film industry. Working with Halston, Ralph Lauren, Victoria’s Secret [27:52]
- Where he gets his fulfillment and what helps him persevere [32:20]
- Jeff talking about he gets stories for his films [36:48]
- How to learn more about doing what Jeffrey does [41:06]
- You can’t be the only one in love with your idea and expect a business out of it.
- The sure way for nothing to happen is to do nothing
Links to sources and tools
- Follow Jeffrey Madoff on social media:
- Personal LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/b-jeffrey-madoff-5baa8074/
- Company LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/madoff-productions/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/creativecareers
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/madoffproductions/
- Grab a copy of Jeff’s book: Creative Careers Making a Living With Your Ideas at Amazon and all booksellers- www.acreativecareer.com
- Need more inspiration to get you started on your entrepreneurial journey? Listen to these episodes:
- Game-Changing Technology for Business with Tom Coffing – https://bit.ly/3cy3k28
- Telehealth Services: Bridging Gaps in Healthcare Services with Technology with Manoj Jhaveri – https://bit.ly/3rbOO4n
- Starting a Manufacturing Business in the US with Greg Knox – https://bit.ly/2MIGGcO
- Importance of Innovation in Business with Andrew McConnell – https://bit.ly/2YBWgcQ
Thanks for listening. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook to get updates on new episodes. If you haven’t already, please follow and leave a review for our podcast, we’ll really appreciate it. And as always, don’t forget to pass the secret sauce.
Support our podcast
If you’re a fan of the show, there are three simple things you can do to support our work: