Welcome back to the show. This episode’s guest is Perry Marshall. Perry is one of the most expensive business strategists in the world. He is endorsed in FORBES and INC Magazine. He’s guided clients like FanDuel and InfusionSoft from startup to hundreds of millions of dollars.
He founded the $10 million Evolution 2.0 Prize, with judges from Harvard, Oxford and MIT. Launched at the Royal Society in London, it’s the world’s largest science research award. NASA’s Jet Propulsion Labs uses his 80/20 Curve as a productivity tool.
His reinvention of the Pareto Principle is published in Harvard Business Review.
His Google book laid the foundations for the $100 billion Pay Per Click industry, and Ultimate Guide to Google Ads is the world’s best selling book on internet advertising. Marketing maverick Dan Kennedy says, “If you don’t know who Perry Marshall is — unforgivable. Perry’s an honest man in a field rife with charlatans.”
He’s consulted in over 300 industries. He has a degree in Electrical Engineering and lives in Chicago.
In this episode we discuss:
- Earning money from building things and selling them in high school [4:15]
- Getting fired from 3 jobs in a row and being in an MLM (Multi Level Marketing) [5:30]
- His leap to being an entrepreneur [7:30]
- How he became a successful marketing consultant [10:23]
- The five things that are always true any time anybody buys anything from anybody [13:51]
- The best media to use to market your business and tactic for marketing [19:26]
- Why you do not want to be number 2 [23:55]
- How to make your business stand out from others in the same niche [27:39]
- Why you should read the book 80/20 Sales and Marketing five times [29:41]
- How he came up with the concepts in his book [37:03]
- Mistakes people make when starting a business [42:11]
Links to sources and tools
- Stop “Just getting by”…Master 80/20 and make more money without more work https://www.perrymarshall.com/8020-book/
- Follow Perry Marshall on social media:
- Want to get more marketing tips? Listen to these episodes:
- How to Make a Living from Your Creative Ideas with Jeffrey Madoff – https://bit.ly/37xTWsm
- How to Use Google My Business to Attract More Customers for Your Business with Jason Hennessey – https://bit.ly/3dwX5w1
- Defining Your Company’s Digital Marketing Strategy with Charles Anderson – https://bit.ly/3pxQRyw
Thanks for listening. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook to get updates on new episodes. If you haven’t already, please follow and leave a review for our podcast, we’ll really appreciate it. And as always, don’t forget to pass the secret sauce.
Support our podcast
If you’re a fan of the show, there are three simple things you can do to support our work:
1. Subscribe, rate and review the podcast on iTunes or wherever you subscribe.
2. Tell a family member, friend, or colleague about the show.
3. Subscribe to us on YouTube and follow us on LinkedIn.
This podcast is hosted by [ZenCast.fm](https://wwww.zencast.fm)