Let’s welcome today’s guest episode, Ken Gee, the Founder and President of the KRI Group of Companies. He has 23 years of significant real estate, banking, private equity transaction and multifamily investing experience. Ken Gee founded The KRI Group of companies in 1997 with the acquisition of a small, twenty-eight units apartment building in Cleveland, Ohio. Since that time, KRI has evolved into a full-service real estate company that specializes in multifamily apartment investment, multifamily apartment syndication and multifamily apartment property management services. As a company, they have owned more than $55 million worth of multifamily properties and their senior management team has managed more than 15,000 apartment units, collectively worth more than $1 billion.
In this episode we discuss:
- Ken’s early exposure to real estate at age 14 [4:40]
- His first real estate business in Cleveland [5:55]
- Leaping down to Florida’s market [7:37]
- Growing his network of connections [10:40]
- Comparison between Cleveland’s and Florida’s properties [11:41]
- His most outstanding renovations [13:05]
- Challenges he faced on Florida’s market [15:08]
- Setting up syndication-level funds and its benefits [18:05]
- Cost and time process in setting up funds [23:57]
- How the funds work with investors [26:56]
- The future of multifamily market [29:06]
- KRI’s gigantic real estate records [33:35]
- Best ways to connect with Ken Gee [34:25]
Links to sources and tools:
- Connect with Ken Gee’s on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/geekennetha
- Check their website: https://www.kripartners.com/
- Check out these episodes:
Thanks for listening. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook to get updates on new episodes. If you haven’t already, please follow and leave a review for our podcast, we’ll really appreciate it. And as always, don’t forget to pass the secret sauce.
Support our podcast
If you’re a fan of the show, there are three simple things you can do to support our work:
1. Subscribe, rate and review on iTunes or wherever you subscribe.
2. Tell a family member, friend, or colleague about the show.
3. Subscribe to us on YouTube: and follow us on LinkedIn.