Today on Pass The Secret Sauce, we have Jessica Fialkovich, whose mission is to help small business owners leave their legacy and sell their businesses successfully, no matter the size. She is a business exit expert, keynote speaker, small business advocate and award-winning business owner.
Over the past 7 years, Jessica oversaw $250+ million in transactions, worked directly with over 700 business owners, was involved with 300+ deals, and mentored her team to help over 3,000 business owners with guidance about buying and selling businesses.
Jessica is currently the President and Co-Owner of Transworld Business Advisors—Rocky Mountain, a business brokerage firm, which achieved #1 status out of 200 global franchises for the last three years. Transworld Rocky Mountain expanded to 5 markets in 2018 with offices throughout Colorado. Jessica is also an entrepreneur at heart and successfully built and sold two startups, along with her husband and business partner, Al. She holds active board positions for entrepreneurial groups including Entrepreneur’s Organization.
You will learn the ins and outs of acquiring a business, how to sell your business or company, things to consider when purchasing a business, how to increase the value of your business or company and other valuable information about this business niche.
In this episode we discuss:
- What her dinner table with her family looked like [3:20]
- Her corporate life; idea of setting up own business with her husband [5:35]
- Selling their wine retailing business after 3 years [8:16]
- Joining business groups, building network in Denver [9:07]
- Their strategy of acquiring business [10:05]
- Type of help she gives to their clients [12:15]
- Guidelines of business acquisition, when to get ROI [15:40]
- Challenges in selling a business [16:30]
- Financing deals when acquiring a business [18:10]
- Range of markets they represent [20:55]
- Things to do if you want to sell your business [23:28]
- Resources to check when purchasing a business [25:26]
- How to connect with Jessica; The Deal Board Podcast [27:31]
- Different stories of buying and selling a business [28:50]
- Average age of a business before selling [31:18]
Links to sources and tools:
- Follow Jessica Fialkovich on her social media:
Instagram / Facebook @jessicafialkovich
- Connect with her on LinkedIn
- Check their Business Brokerage Firm
- Listen to their The Deal Board Podcast
Other Business Episodes:
- Niche Marketing: Why You Should Niche Down Your Business with Bryan Jakovcic
- Mergers and Acquisitions – What you Need to Know When Buying or Selling Your Business with Domenic Rinaldi
- Growing Online Presence to Attract Talents and Audience with Shana Cosgrove
- Biblically Responsible Investing with Robert Netzly
Thanks for listening. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook to get updates on new episodes. If you haven’t already, please follow and leave a review for our podcast, we’ll really appreciate it. And as always, don’t forget to pass the secret sauce.
Support our podcast
If you’re a fan of the show, there are three simple things you can do to support our work:
- Rate and review the podcast on iTunes or wherever you subscribe.
- Tell a family member, friend, or colleague about the show.
- Subscribe so you never miss an episode.
- Subscribe to us on YouTube and follow us on LinkedIn