Up next on Pass the Secret Sauce, we have Katie Irving who is the founder of Moonshot, an agency that drives growth for the world’s leading brands by uncovering opportunities at the center of youth culture and fashion. Katie has 15+ years of experience in the fashion industry, she has worked with the largest brands including Abercrombie & Fitch, Hollister, Chloé, and Gilly Hicks, and she has worked with the largest fashion shows in the world.
Now, she’s focusing on bringing all the knowledge and becoming the resource for other brands to help position them for success in the future. Katie cuts through the noise of the elusive youth market to deliver white space opportunities and 8-figure growth strategies.
If you’re a clothing brand or you have a boutique, being able to position yourself today for tomorrow’s shoppers and what things people are interested in, what they are looking for in the coming years, this episode is very valuable.
In this episode we discuss:
- Selling bookmarks when she was in 3rd grade, keeping side-hustles [4:56]
- Her career background, focusing on the fashion industry [6:40]
- Changes in the fashion industry [6:40]
- Moonshot; expertise in the youth markets [10:03]
- People and brands she worked with [11:08]
- Fitting into different kind of markets [12:40]
- Tips on waste management, the Fashion Revolution [16:30]
- Circular economy, the idea of designing for zero-waste [17:35]
- The gaps and holes in the fashion industry that needs to be addressed [18:00]
- EON, a group that created the digital identity of products [20:20]
- Her advice on the fashion industry today [21:55]
- The end of a trend, what it looks like for future consumers [26:25]
- Endeavors and projects of Moonshot [32:45]
- Get to know more about Katie and Moonshot [34:05]
Links to sources and tools
- Connect with Katie on LinkedIn:
- If you want to learn more about Moonshot and Katie Irving, visit:
Listen to other PTSS episodes:
- Building an Engaging and Value-Driven Company Culture Across Remote Teams with Trent Kocurek
- Developing a Personal Brand with Erik Cabral
- Everything You Need to Know About the CBD Industry with Jon Thompson
Thanks for listening. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook to get updates on new episodes. If you haven’t already, please follow and leave a review for our podcast, we’ll really appreciate it. And as always, don’t forget to pass the secret sauce.
Support our podcast
If you’re a fan of the show, there are three simple things you can do to support our work:
- Rate and review the podcast on iTunes or wherever you subscribe.
- Tell a family member, friend, or colleague about the show.
- Subscribe so you never miss an episode.