Today on Pass the Secret Sauce, I got to interview Dr. Josh Funk, the CEO and founder of Rehab2Perform, a fitness-focused physical therapy company that was named back to back in the Inc 5000 as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the US.
Dr. Funk is a lifelong athlete, and after avoiding shoulder surgery for a torn labrum and rotator cuff, he has been entrenched in the world of physical therapy and sports performance. Over the years, he has continually developed his knowledge base and expertise as a physical therapist through continuing education courses and working with athletes of all ages.
In addition to his physical therapy expertise, Dr. Funk has been equally, if not more committed to the growth of his role as CEO of Rehab2Perform. He has made sure that his personal development is not just reserved for the clinical side of things, but also to ensure that Rehab 2 Perform is one of the most well-run and well-known health care companies in the area.
Dr. Funk has immersed himself in business programs and community initiatives over the past few years in his efforts to ensure that the team and clients of Rehab2Perform are receiving everything they need to be at their best. It is his goal to push Rehab2Perform to the forefront of the community through innovation, progressive business operations, strategic growth, and clinical excellence.
In this episode we discuss:
- Getting traits from his athletic grandparents [3:51]
- Dr. Funk’s athletic career in school and his major setback [5:06]
- What are the first steps on starting a company [7:40]
- How he set himself up in a good financial position while in graduate school [9:57]
- Working a day job, doing side-hustles, starting his first fitness-focused business [12:53]
- The missing element, the fitness-focused services he provided in the market [13:45]
- Getting into INC 5000 for back to back years [17:45]
- How did Josh found the right help and people when he started Rehab2Perform [19:43]
- Internship programs in their company for high school and college students [22:30]
- What does Rehab2Perform do [24:40]
- How did they reach out to the community [29:30]
- Best way to connect with Dr. Funk and learn more about Rehab2Perform [30:55]
Links to sources and tools:
- Connect with Dr. Funk on LinkedIn
- Check Rehab2Perform for wellness services
- Follow their social media accounts to get updated
Listen to other Pass the Secret Sauce Episodes:
- Management Philosophy, Developing Life Wheels for Employees with Rishi Khanna
- Build Your Business by Winning the Hearts of the People with Evan Dash
- EMDR Therapy: What is it and How Does it Work with Robert Grigore
Thanks for listening. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook to get updates on new episodes. If you haven’t already, please follow and leave a review for our podcast, we’ll really appreciate it. And as always, don’t forget to pass the secret sauce.
Support our podcast
If you’re a fan of the show, there are three simple things you can do to support our work:
- Rate and review the podcast on iTunes or wherever you subscribe.
- Tell a family member, friend, or colleague about the show.
- Subscribe so you never miss an episode.
- Subscribe to us on YouTube and follow us on LinkedIn
Join the discussion