Up next on Pass the Secret Sauce we have Grant Botma. Grant is the founder of Stewardship in Gilbert, Arizona. Stewardship is a mortgage brokerage, insurance agency, and investment management firm that was named an Inc 5000 Fastest Growing Company in America two years in a row. Grant has one of the top 105 fastest growing finance companies in the country because of his Nationally ranked high producing team. They consistently win awards like “Top 1%, “Top 20”, and many of them are listed in the Scotsman Guide as top originators. Grant is also a best-selling author of the book, “The Problem Isn’t Their Paycheck”. In this book, Grant teaches business owners, leaders, and managers how to attract top talent and build a thriving company culture.
In this episode we discuss:
- Having a traditional Sunday lunch and movie night with Grant’s big family [4:05]
- His family owned a mortuary business and dairy farm [6:40]
- How making a business plan awaken his desire to put up up his own business [7:50]
- Seeing people were facing financial, insurance issues and more [8:50]
- What is Stewardship about; mortgage, insurance, planning and financial [10:33]
- Making online courses on how to create a company culture [12:40]
- How to uncover the right people for your team [14:50]
- What it feels like to work with Grant and his company [17:40]
- How he observe potential team members through their social media [18:37]
- Doing an emotional intelligence test, book recommendation for business owners [21:45]
- Mission statement of Grant in life and business [23:45]
- How to love and serve customer / people well [25:00]
- What types of technology he used to run his company [27:40]
- Ideal customers he wants to serve [29:25]
- Best ways to connect with Grant Botma [32:30]
Links to sources and tools
- Check’s Grant’s professional and his company background:
- Follow Grant’s activities on social media
- Book recommendations for entrepreneurs:
Links to Other PTSS Episodes
- Having a Customer-Centric Culture in Your Business with John Vuong
- Extracting Your Ego and Awaken Your Full Potential with Mia Hewett
- Getting into the FinTech Space with Richard Steggall
Thanks for listening. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook to get updates on new episodes. If you haven’t already, please follow and leave a review for our podcast, we’ll really appreciate it. And as always, don’t forget to pass the secret sauce.
Support our podcast
If you’re a fan of the show, there are three simple things you can do to support our work:
- Rate and review the podcast on iTunes or wherever you subscribe.
- Tell a family member, friend, or colleague about the show.
- Subscribe so you never miss an episode.