Joining us today is Bobby Mason, the CEO and President of SPOC Automation, an innovation company making automation technology for the upstream and midstream markets of the oil and gas industry. While Bobby’s expertise on the technical side can’t be matched; his true passion is team building and educating others on the importance of a winning culture and how it contributes to the success of any business regardless of current market conditions
In this episode we discuss:
- Bobby’s remarkable dinner time when he was a kid [3:15]
- Being raised to work, growing in an entrepreneurial family [4:34]
- Why he was not a good student and didn’t enjoy his education [7:05]
- Bobby’s initial challenges he ran into with his business [8:18]
- What are the types of problems he usually solved [10:40]
- Launching another company, the Spark Grid Inverter Technology [12:35]
- How did Bobby manage the digital aspects of their company [15:15]
- Bobby’s learnings being in the business [17:50]
- Pushing the culture and process into your employees [19:55]
- One of the biggest struggles they ever had in their company [21:00]
- Identifying the core values of Bobby’s company [24:05]
- Finding out in their employees who is living their core values and innovating it [27:40]
- What is the mission of Bobby’s company [30:32]
- Technology that holds their employees and company to work efficiently [32:05]
- Spark dream teams, involving everyone in their company [33:30]
- Using Vidyard, creating a program called 2-minutes drive [35:20]
- How did the core values improve him personally and his company [38:00]
- Ways to learn more about Bobby and his company [41:05]
Links to sources and tools
- Connect with Bobby on LinkedIn
- If you’re in the oil and gas industry, get covered with SPOC drive solutions
More of PTSS episodes here:
- Building an Engaging and Value-Driven Company Culture with Trent Kocurek
- The Four Key Values To Follow in Discerning Opportunities with Phillip Berry
Thanks for listening. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook to get updates on new episodes. If you haven’t already, please follow and leave a review for our podcast, we’ll really appreciate it. And as always, don’t forget to pass the secret sauce.
Support our podcast
If you’re a fan of the show, there are three simple things you can do to support our work:
- Rate and review the podcast on iTunes or wherever you subscribe.
- Tell a family member, friend, or colleague about the show.
- Subscribe so you never miss an episode.
- Subscribe to us on YouTube and follow us on LinkedIn