Up next on Pass the Secret Sauce, we have Daniel Marcos who is a serial entrepreneur, business coach, and passionate learner. He is the co-founder and CEO of Growth Institute, the leading online executive education company for C-level executives at fast-growing firms, with a mission to help 1 million entrepreneurs scale their impact and reduce drama in their operations.
Daniel is on a mission to give executives the support and methodologies that he wishes he had in his entrepreneurial journey: being a good leader, successfully scaling companies, and maintaining a high quality of life. In 2012, Daniel and Verne Harnish partnered on this mission and co-founded Growth Institute, a leading online executive education company for C-level executives at fast-growing firms. What was once reserved for a small niche of wealthy companies is now available to all CEOs and their executive teams, effectively democratizing business education and shortening the gaps in professional development.
In this episode we discuss:
- Introduction to episode [2:30]
- Daniel’s childhood overview [4:10]
- Where he got his entrepreneurial inspiration [5:15]
- At age 12, Daniel built his first aquarium business with his cousins [7:30]
- His four other business when he was in college [8:40]
- Working for the Mexican embassy in Hong Kong [11:20]
- How Daniel built the first FinTech in Latin America [14:37]
- Closing a deal with Infosel and started a company [18:20]
- Working with JP Morgan in Latin America [20:00]
- Getting his MBA; opening a mortgage bank in Austin Texas [24:00]
- How he lost everything and down with huge debt [25:45]
- His deep conversations with his parents and wife [27:55]
- Getting and rejecting an offer to be a Head of Google Mexico [28:35]
- Paying his debt through coaching in four years [32:45]
- Daniel getting many clients and started having success again [33:50]
- Venturing to online coaching, building a new company [35:40]
- Top things an entrepreneur miss or fail consistently at [37:50]
- Coaching and helping a ‘mess up’ guy until he changed [41:15]
- Their lifelong dream of helping company leaders [43:15]
- Descriptions of what types of leaders he wants to help [44:45]
Links to sources and tools:
- Connect with Daniel on LinkedIn
- Visit Growth Institute if you want to get a mentorship
- Free Download of The Impact X CEO Booklet and unlock the potential of your leadership
Listen to other PTSS Episodes:
- How to Change your Business and Your Life with Pratiti Pathak
- Revenue Growth Hacking Tips from an INC 500 CEO with Olin Hyde
- How to Get Funding for Your Business with Mark Roman
Thanks for listening. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook to get updates on new episodes. If you haven’t already, please follow and leave a review for our podcast, we’ll really appreciate it. And as always, don’t forget to pass the secret sauce.
Support our podcast
If you’re a fan of the show, there are three simple things you can do to support our work:
- Rate and review the podcast on iTunes or wherever you subscribe.
- Tell a family member, friend, or colleague about the show.
- Subscribe so you never miss an episode.