Joining us today is Sebastien Breteau ━ the CEO of QIMA, a leading provider of quality control and supplier compliance solutions. Sebastien Breteau is also an active investor, who has invested in over 50 start-ups across all continents; an avocado farmer; and the founder of the Breteau Foundation, which aims to promote education in developing countries by providing digital education tools to underprivileged children worldwide.
In this episode we discuss:
- Introduction to episode [1:16]
- Sebastien’s first job and getting fired after four days [4:40]
- Starting his own business, buying and selling of Tamaguchi [8:40]
- Getting help from a guy in Hong Kong, stepping stone of Sebastien’s success [10:00]
- The quality inspection process of QIMA [13:45]
- Checking or measuring the quality inspection of their products [17:45]
- Organic farming business, locally producing avocados in Europe [20:25]
- Focus and boredom, why people need to deal with these two things [23:00]
- Fighting boredom is the start of the success of an entrepreneur [26:55]
- Instilling the mindset of an entrepreneur to his children [28:45]
- Investing in business seeds in the US, Europe, Asia [30:20]
- Focusing on Food/Food Tech, and Agri-Tech industry [32:00]
- Spending time in Asia, business relationship with Asian people [33:25]
- Breteau Foundation, helping children’s education [35:35]
- Teaching single plastic approach to children [38:00]
- Best way to get in touch with Sebastien Breteau [41:45]
- You don’t succeed because you are smarter or you work harder. You succeed because the people want to help you.
- You need to identify what you know how to do well, then do it very well and grow at that.
- Don’t feel guilty when you feel bored. It’s natural and normal. You have to acknowledge and deal with it.
Links to sources and tools
- Connect with Sebastien on Linkedin
- End-to-end solutions for quality improvement, visit QIMA
- Get involved and join the cause of Breteau Foundation
Listen to other PTSS episodes:
- Speed Matters in Brand Development with Francisco Serrano
- Breaking Through Adversities with Laundromat Millionaire Dave Menz
- More Episodes
Thanks for listening. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook to get updates on new episodes. If you haven’t already, please follow and leave a review for our podcast, we’ll really appreciate it. And as always, don’t forget to pass the secret sauce.
Support our podcast
If you’re a fan of the show, there are three simple things you can do to support our work:
- Rate and review the podcast on iTunes or wherever you subscribe.
- Tell a family member, friend, or colleague about the show.
- Subscribe so you never miss an episode.