Up next on Pass the Secret Sauce, we have Richard Sheridan. Rich is the CEO, co-founder and Chief Storyteller at Menlo Innovations – a custom software design and development company in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
His unique approach to custom software creation is so surprisingly different, that 3,000 people a year travel from around the world just to see how they do it.
He has a passion for creating joyful work environments which led to his bestselling and widely celebrated book, Joy, Inc. – How We Built a Workplace People Love. His highly anticipated second book, Chief Joy Officer will continue to prove that a positive and engaging leadership style is actually good for business.
In this episode we discuss:
- Richard’s favorite books that gave him hope in his career [4:40]
- Writing his first two-line program that won an international programming contest [8:30]
- The catalyst that made Richard leap into starting his own company [13:00]
- The major problem in the software industry [19:00]
- Teaching cultural norms to their workforce [21:00]
- The productivity level of people working together [24:55]
- How much they spent on the unique process of their workforce [28:30]
- Making demonstrable software for clients every five days [30:45]
- Challenges they typically face in their workforce [36:30]
- Books authored by Richard ─ Joy, Inc., Chief Joy Officer [38:45]
- How does the remote process look like [40:20]
Links to sources and tools
- Get to know Rich: richardsheridan.com
- Virtually’ visit the Menlo Software Factory – we offer free virtual tours weekly
- Learn more at menloinnovations.com
Thanks for listening. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook to get updates on new episodes. If you haven’t already, please follow and leave a review for our podcast, we’ll really appreciate it. And as always, don’t forget to pass the secret sauce.
Support our podcast
If you’re a fan of the show, there are three simple things you can do to support our work:
- Rate and review the podcast on iTunes or wherever you subscribe.
- Tell a family member, friend, or colleague about the show.
- Subscribe so you never miss an episode.
- Subscribe to us on YouTube and follow us on LinkedIn