Chris Rickstrew is a transformational speaker, master coach, and founder of the personal development brand 8 Billion Lions. Before 8 Billion Lions, he built two companies, raised $500,000 from investors, and had 25 people working for him. On the outside, his life and business looked great. But on the inside, he was completely unhappy and unfulfilled. So he downsized his company, gave away all of his stuff, and bought a one-way ticket to Asia.
Chris discovered his passion and purpose in life, coached 1,000s of people, and started a business that he absolutely loves. He’s on a mission to lead a revolution that changes the world by helping people unleash their inner lion so that they can start living a life that inspires them!
In this episode we discuss:
- Introduction [1:50]
- Chris started selling candies and Tupperware as a kid [5:36]
- He dropped out of 4 colleges, became an outstanding salesperson at 18 [9:20]
- Built and sold one of the very first social media marketing agencies in Denver [11:24]
- Created automated posts for 10 different industries [17:00]
- How Chris got into the Techstars [18:05]
- Tips for creating a memorable pitch or presentation [21:12]
- Chris teaches his clients the rule of the third [26:03]
- Chris’ quarter-life crisis, soul-searching for 3 years [29:32]
- Started his personal development brand, 8 Billion Lions [32:09]
- Identify real happiness, living with an inspired life [33:30]
- Who’s your lion and who’s your sheep [34:53]
- Helping people to live into their potential [38:13]
- Best way to learn more about Chris and his program [44:50]
- When starting a business, you have to pivot. If something is not working, you gotta change it before you get too far in the hole.
- In the business world, there’s so much inauthenticity. Everyone is trying to be perfect. So when I walked in there with an all-white suit. In front of the ten of the most badass people in Colorado, I’m just gonna be me.
- I have outward success but I didn’t have any inward purpose. I didn’t know why I existed. And when I found that, it transformed me as a person.
Links to sources and tools:
Listen to other PTSS Episodes:
- Life Coaching, Business Scaling for Executives and Entrepreneurs with Daniel Marcos
- Typeset Inspiration To Impacting 1 Billion Creatives with Chris Do
- Developing a Personal Brand with Erik Cabral
Thanks for listening. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook to get updates on new episodes. If you haven’t already, please follow and leave a review for our podcast, we’ll really appreciate it. And as always, don’t forget to pass the secret sauce.
Support our podcast
If you’re a fan of the show, there are three simple things you can do to support our work:
- Rate and review the podcast on iTunes or wherever you subscribe.
- Tell a family member, friend, or colleague about the show.
- Subscribe so you never miss an episode.
- Subscribe to us on YouTube and follow us on LinkedIn