Maggie Karshner is a self-employment coach and other than teaching people how to overcome their mindset blocks, she is also teaching them the logistics of starting a business. Things like legal processes but also marketing and sales. She has ten years of experience encompassing managing a small business, supporting non-profits, corporate business consulting, and, of course, coaching wonderful solopreneurs.
In this episode we discuss:
- Introduction [1:47]
- Maggie’s mom imparted business wisdom to her [4:55]
- She worked as a management consultant in a mid-sized company [9:50]
- Types of people she coach and worked with [11:32]
- Her techniques and structures for her clients [16:36]
- How much you should charge for your services or products [20:25]
- Marking things up or charging by margin [27:00]
- Marketing methods, writing websites, getting clients [28:14]
- Encouraging her clients to activate their networks [34:15]
- Best ways to reach and learn more about Maggie [39:04]
Links to sources and tools:
- Connect with Maggie on LinkedIn
- Book Maggie’s session or classes here
- Follow Maggie on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter
Listen to other PTSS Episodes:
- How to Build a Thriving Company Culture with Grant Botma
- Unleashing Your Inner Lion and Living Full Potential with Chris Rickstrew
- Leads, Raving Fans and Systematizing It with Thomas Schwab
Thanks for listening. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook to get updates on new episodes. If you haven’t already, please follow and leave a review for our podcast, we’ll really appreciate it. And as always, don’t forget to pass the secret sauce.
Support our podcast
If you’re a fan of the show, there are three simple things you can do to support our work:
- Rate and review the podcast on iTunes or wherever you subscribe.
- Tell a family member, friend, or colleague about the show.
- Subscribe so you never miss an episode.
- Subscribe to us on YouTube and follow us on LinkedIn