Bryan Clayton is CEO and co-founder of GreenPal, an online marketplace that connects homeowners with local lawn care professionals. GreenPal has been called the “Uber for lawn care” by Entrepreneur magazine and has over 200,000 active users completing thousands of transactions per day. Before starting his current company, Bryan founded Peachtree Inc., one of the largest landscaping companies in the state of Tennessee growing it to over $10 million a year in annual revenue before it was acquired by Lusa holdings in 2013.
Bryan‘s interests and expertise are related to entrepreneurialism, small business growth, marketing and bootstrapping businesses from zero revenue to profitability and exit.
In this episode we discuss:
- Introduction [1:53]
- Bryan was forced to do entrepreneurship [4:37]
- He owned one of the biggest lawn mowing companies [5:13]
- His advice about work-life balance [6:10]
- How to identify things that lacking in your management [9:35]
- Growing revenues of small business owners [17:17]
- Transitioning from blue-collar to tech-type business [20:50]
- How to market a tech start-up and get customers [27:43]
- Competing in Google Organic Search [29:51]
- Learn more about Bryan Clayton and Greenpal [34:15]
Links to sources and tools:
- Connect with Bryan Clayton on LinkedIn
- Get GreenPal’s yard maintenance services at an affordable price
Listen to other PTSS episodes:
- How to Use Google My Business to Attract More Customers
- Having a Customer-Centric Culture in Your Business with John Vuong
- Why You Should Niche Down Your Business with Bryan Jakovcic
Thanks for listening. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook to get updates on new episodes. If you haven’t already, please follow and leave a review for our podcast, we’ll really appreciate it. And as always, don’t forget to pass the secret sauce.
Support our podcast
If you’re a fan of the show, there are three simple things you can do to support our work:
- Rate and review the podcast on iTunes or wherever you subscribe.
- Tell a family member, friend, or colleague about the show.
- Subscribe so you never miss an episode.
- Subscribe to us on YouTube and follow us on LinkedIn