John Kampas is the Founder & CEO of EMPIST, a full-service technology firm that offers managed IT, digital marketing, website, and development services to businesses around the world. John founded EMPIST (formerly Digerati Group) in 2000 in Chicago.
EMPIST was featured for the 8th straight time as one of Channel Futures’ top 501 Managed Service Providers (MSPs) in the world, coming in at #116. It was also recognized by CRN as one of the top 100 Cybersecurity firms in 2020 and a multi-year winner on the Inc. 500/5000 list as one of the fastest-growing privately-owned businesses in the US. For the first time, EMPIST was honored to receive a place on Expertise’s Top 20 Best Managed Service Providers in Chicago list. EMPIST’s industry-leading global services are delivered out of four offices across the United States and Europe.
While EMPIST was initially founded as an IT services company, John has spent the last 20+ years growing it via expansion and acquisitions into a one-stop-shop for all business technology needs.
In this episode we discuss:
- Introduction [2:25]
- What motivated John to become an entrepreneur [8:25]
- John’s first detailing business at 14 [10:00]
- Vulnerabilities in public cloud platforms like Google, Microsoft, AWS [13:15]
- Protecting yourself from cyberattacks [20:35]
- Revoking the ex-employees access to company’s platforms [25:20]
- Victims of phishing attacks [27:25]
- Type of services EMPIST offers to businesses [34:00]
- Learn more about John and EMPIST [34:50]
Links to sources and tools:
- Connect with John Kampas on LinkedIn
- For cybersecurity, IT, and marketing services, visit their website
- Follow EMPIST on Facebook for updates
Listen to other Tech Episodes:
Thanks for listening. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook to get updates on new episodes. If you haven’t already, please follow and leave a review for our podcast, we’ll really appreciate it. And as always, don’t forget to pass the secret sauce.
Support our podcast
If you’re a fan of the show, there are three simple things you can do to support our work: