Andy Alsop is the President and CEO of The Receptionist, the company behind the original iPad-based visitor management system. Andy is a 30+ year serial entrepreneur who has been part of the founding or c-level team of 6 different startups. He acquired The Receptionist in April of 2015. His passion is running the company under “employee supremacy”, a bold and completely different way of making decisions in a business.
In this episode we discuss:
- Introduction [2:35]
- Andy’s exposure to entrepreneurialism [7:20]
- How Andy run his company, The Receptionist [13:40]
- The Employee Supremacy [17:00]
- The Shareholder Supremacy [25:35]
- Three stages of their company [33:38]
- Five parts series of The Employee Supremacy [37:28]
- Let’s make all of our decisions towards the employees. How do we benefit the employees? How do we make sure they trust the company?
- I want to raise shareholder value. And I think the best way to raise shareholder value is to treat those employees the best you can so they can feel safe. They can feel secure because, in the end, they’re going to stay with the company.
Links to sources and tools:
- Connect with Andy Alsop on LinkedIn
- Listen to The Employee Supremacy series on The Fabric Podcast
Listen to other PTSS Episodes:
- Giving Back To Community, Working With A Right Culture Mentality with Mike Foran
- Management Philosophy, Developing Life Wheels for Employees with Rishi Khanna
- The Four Key Values To Follow in Discerning Opportunities with Phillip Berry
Thanks for listening. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook to get updates on new episodes. If you haven’t already, please follow and leave a review for our podcast, we’ll really appreciate it. And as always, don’t forget to pass the secret sauce.
Support our podcast
If you’re a fan of the show, there are three simple things you can do to support our work: