Randy Crabtree, co-founder, and partner of Tri-Merit Specialty Tax Professionals is a widely followed author, lecturer, and podcast host for the accounting profession. Randy is also President of the 501(c)(3) Stroke Survivors Empowering Each Other (SSEEO) and part owner in an award-winning craft beer and bottle shop in Chicago, Illinois.
Since 2019, he has hosted the bi-weekly “The Unique CPA,” podcast, which ranks among the world’s 10% most popular programs. You can find articles from Randy in Accounting Today’s Voices column, the AICPA Tax Adviser and he is a regular presenter at conferences and virtual training events hosted by CPA associations, state CPA societies and top 400 CPA firms across the country.
In this episode we discuss:
- Introduction [2:55]
- Randy’s first business at 16 [6:48]
- Starting his own CPA firm [12:00]
- Randy as an educator [15:40]
- Doing podcast, publishing articles, speaking events [19:53]
- Tax incentives, employee retention credit [21:56]
- Tri Meit’s core values on how they do projects [27:08]
- How Tri Merit attract and gain CPA firms as clients [29:50]
- How to identify opportunities within your client base [33:20]
- Learn more about Randy and Tri Merit [27:22]
Links to sources and tools:
- Connect with Randy Crabtree on LinkedIn
- Need a Specialty Tax Specialist? Visit Tri Merit’s website
- Listen to The Unique CPA podcast
Listen to other PTSS Episodes:
- Implementing EOS, Kolbe Assessment and More with Courtney DeRonde
- How To Build Multiple Side Businesses with James Manske
- The Benefits and Results of Core Values in a Business with Sherry Eifler
Thanks for listening. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook to get updates on new episodes. If you haven’t already, please follow and leave a review for our podcast, we’ll really appreciate it. And as always, don’t forget to pass the secret sauce.
Support our podcast
If you’re a fan of the show, there are three simple things you can do to support our work: