Mike Maynard is the Managing Director/CEO of the Napier Group, a $7M PR and marketing agency for B2B technology companies. Napier brings knowledge, experience, and insight to increase the speed prospects travel through their clients’ funnels, generating opportunities more quickly.
Mike is a self-confessed geek who loves talking about technology. He believes that combining the measurement, accountability, and innovation that he learned as an engineer with a passion for communicating internationally means Napier can help clients achieve their marketing goals sooner.
Mike acquired Napier in 2001 and subsequently acquired Peter Bush Communications and Armitage Communication, growing the company to about 40 people today. Since that time he has directed major PR and marketing programs for a wide range of global technology clients, reaching over 30 European countries.
In this episode we discuss:
- Introduction [2:26]
- Mike’s exposure to entrepreneurship [5:03]
- Helping their clients to market their business [11:50]
- Building and tracking their customer’s journey [15:44]
- Dangers of marketing today [20:00]
- Where to start marketing your business [23:30]
- Tactics to reach your target audience [29:12]
- Types of clients they serve [35:35]
- Learn more about Mike and Napier [37:08]
Links to sources and tools:
- Connect with Mike Maynard on LinkedIn
- For your B2B tech PR and marketing needs, visit Napier
- Listen to Napier’s B2B podcast
Listen to other Tech episodes:
- Revenue Growth Hacking Tips from an INC 500 CEO with Olin Hyde
- How to Make Your Customers Connected with Jeroen Corthout
- Bringing Tech Ideas To Life Through Digital Products with Mike Reynolds
Thanks for listening. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook to get updates on new episodes. If you haven’t already, please follow and leave a review for our podcast, we’ll really appreciate it. And as always, don’t forget to pass the secret sauce.
Support our podcast
If you’re a fan of the show, there are three simple things you can do to support our work:
- Rate and review the podcast on iTunes or wherever you subscribe.
- Tell a family member, friend, or colleague about the show.
- Subscribe so you never miss an episode.
- Subscribe to us on YouTube and follow us on LinkedIn
Join the discussion