Travis Chappell is a door-to-door salesman turned founder, investor, speaker, and podcaster. He is the founder and CEO of Guestio.com, the highest quality guest and show booking marketplace in the industry. He’s also the co-host of the top-ranked podcasts Build Your Network and Figuring It Out where he’s interviewed people like Shaquille O’Neal, Rob Dyrdek, Grant Cardone, Josh Peck, Molly Bloom, Jasmine Star, John Maxwell, and hundreds of others. In addition to being a guest on top podcasts like Bigger Pockets, EOFire, and Born to Impact, Travis has been featured in Forbes, Entrepreneur, TechCrunch, and dozens of other media outlets.
In this episode we discuss:
- How Travis started as a child entrepreneur selling rubber insects [8:12]
- The ability to handle rejection in business [12:35]
- The resources he used in developing his abilities [17:35]
- Starting his Build Your Network Podcast [21:17]
- His compelling reason to reach out [24:34]
- The most valuable asset for wealthy and successful people [27:35]
- Building relationships will get you
- Networking without spamming people [31:18]
- What kind of pitch fest does he want to join in [35:20]
- Travis’ software company, Guestio [42:20]
- Make money for getting interviews [44:10]
- Learn more about Travis and his services [52:30]
- Time is our most precious resource by a mile. Money is always replenishable.
- I would like to look at the leader or leaders of the group and ask myself how aligned am I with their values and their mission and purpose in life.
- We can take it to a really high valuation because we’re only the only people in the space that’s focused on putting more money back into the pockets of creators in a really practical sense.
Links to Sources and Tools:
- Connect with Travis Chappell on LinkedIn
- Tune in to Build Your Network Podcast with Travis Chappell
- Subscribe to Travis Chappell’ s free newsletter for interview marketing tips, updates, top shows, and ideas.
- Book guests and get paid
Listen to other PTSS Episode:
- Investing in Startups with Travis Hawkes
- Pivoting Your Business in a Crisis with Thor Conklin
- Getting Harvard To Boost Business Credibility with Manu Smadja
Thanks for listening. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook to get updates on new episodes. If you haven’t already, please follow and leave a review for our podcast, we’ll really appreciate it. And as always, don’t forget to pass the secret sauce.
Support our podcast
If you’re a fan of the show, there are three simple things you can do to support our work:
- Rate and review the podcast on iTunes or wherever you subscribe.
- Tell a family member, friend, or colleague about the show.
- Subscribe so you never miss an episode.
- Subscribe to us on YouTube and follow us on LinkedIn