Kison Patel is the Founder and CEO of M&A Science, with a passion to drive the M&A industry forward. He was an M&A advisor for ten years during which he sold larger companies such as commercial banks and hotel chains. In 2012, he noticed teams lacked efficient technology to manage deals and created DealRoom, an M&A lifecycle management platform. In 2016, he started the M&A Science podcast devoting his time to creating a platform where all the best practitioners could share their best practices and lessons learned from real-life deals. Kison then created The M&A Science Academy in 2020 to offer step-by-step training to those looking to master M&A featuring courses created by top-level practitioners. Through developing technology, educational content, and industry training, Kison aims to bring better practices to an industry with growing market pressures, transaction values, and competition.
- Who is Kison Patel [3:28]
- Getting bullied in high school, started his first company at 13 [6:58]
- Being flashy or being reserved about your wealth [9:47]
- Being proactive in your personal and professional development [12:27]
- How to develop your ability to learn [14:35]
- How to create influence in your business [17:10]
- Identifying the right people you want to learn from [20:05]
- How Kison got into tech-based mergers and acquisitions (M&A) [29:28]
- Changing the M&A industry to be people-centric and tech-driven [33:45]
- Challenges with M&A in technology [42:10]
- Learn more about KIson Patel and their services at M&A Science [50:55]
Links, Promotions or Plugs:
- M&A Science Podcast
- Kison Patel’s M&A Tactics Handbook: Advice from Corporate Development Practitioners
- Kison Patel’s Agile M&A: Proven Techniques to Close Deals Faster and Maximize Value
Listen to other PTSS episodes:
- Create Income Streams Through Affiliate Marketing with Martha Krejci
- Make Business Succesful with Customer-centric Experience with Satyam Kantamneni
- Understanding Insurances Better with RightSure President Jeff Arnold
Thanks for listening. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook to get updates on new episodes.
Support our podcast
If you’re a fan of the show, there are three simple things you can do to support our work:
- Rate and review the podcast on iTunes or wherever you subscribe.
- Tell a family member, friend, or colleague about the show.
- Subscribe so you never miss an episode.