Kelley Thornton is the CEO and co-founder of the successful skin care company, Tiege Hanley. Kelley was born and raised in Towson, MD. He started his first entrepreneurial pursuit, house painting while in high school. After college, Kelley entered the Metropolitan New York area workforce as a sales representative in the point-of-purchase display and packaging industry. industry. A few years into his career he was tasked with developing a Chicago presence for his company, Phoenix Display & Packaging, which later became part of International Paper.
After a successful 20-year career in the throes of Corporate America, he left the industry to found his second company, Purchase Point LLC. Purchase Point helped CPG companies think differently about their in-store merchandising platforms. Growing quickly with global customers such as Unilever, Mars Wrigley, Bayer, and Pfizer, Kelley brought a creative approach to captivating consumers during the last seven seconds along their Path to Purchase.
Through his experience at Purchase Point, Kelley found the rapidly growing men’s care industry inspiring. In 2016 he stepped away to found his next company, Tiege Hanley, a 6-year-old e-commerce company. The business has evolved from selling three distinct Skin Care Systems to boasting a wide variety of products. Tiege shipped its 1.5 millionth box in July 2022 and has over 350,000 customers worldwide. Kelley is focused on enriching the customer experience and guiding men to healthier lifestyles founded on self-confidence.
- While in high school, Kelley created his own painting business [3:52]
- Kelley’s second company, Purchase Point focused on in-store shopping [12:30]
- Developing Tiege Hanley skin care products [19:15]
- How it is branded and how it is marketed to men [28:50]
- What is the secret to Tiege Hanley’s success [37:07]
- The results of using their skincare products [44:33]
- Get in touch with Kelley Thornton [47:08]
Links, Promotions or Plugs:
Listen to other PTSS Episodes:
- Uncovering Issues & Solutions in Hidden Job Market with Anish Majumdar
- How To Keep Your Cryptos Secure with Seth Maniscalco
- Founding A Successful Digital Bank After Credit Crisis with Steve Schnall
Support our podcast
If you’re a fan of the show, there are three simple things you can do to support our work:
- Rate and review the podcast on iTunes or wherever you subscribe.
- Tell a family member, friend, or colleague about the show.
- Subscribe so you never miss an episode.
Join the discussion